Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Reggie: You Can’t Change Your Past, but You Can Change Your Future – Reggie Dabbs & John Driver

Reggie: You Can’t Change Your Past, but You Can Change Your Future is a truly inspirational read.  Born to an unwed sixteen-year-old mother Reggie Dabbs overcame the odds to become a man who speaks to more than two million people every year.   The message Reggie portrays in the book, as well as his in his speaking is a simple one; while our past is gone and uncontrollable, we do possess the potential to change our future. 
            Reggie: You Can’t Change Your Past, but You Can Change Your Future is a truly inspirational book.  The way Reggie rose from being the result of a twenty dollar deal his mother made (to feed her other three children) to a man that speaks to two million people a year will inspire just about everyone.  This book was by far one of the most engrossing books I have ever picked up.  It grabbed me from the first chapter, and I did not put it down until I was finished.  I recommend this book to everyone.  This story is so well written and engrossing that even the slowest of readers would fly through this book.  Reggie was very thought provoking, and really made me think about life when I finally reached the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment